USB drives are also called as flash drives as they support flash memory format. These are portable devices and can be carried out easily at any place. Its size is the real big advantage of it over bulky external hard disc drives. USB drives are connected directly to the computer by plugging it into the computer’s USB port. Once it is inserted into the port, Windows or Mac based OS access all the data and files stored into it.
USB flash drives such as pendrives, thumbdrives, flashdrives, memory stick etc are marketed under the name of different brands such as Sony, Kingston, Transcend, HP, SanDisk, Samsung, Toshiba etc. USB drives come in a package of different storage capacity such as 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB and so on. However there is always a chance of loss of important data from the USB flash drives. When a particular file or an entire folder gets missing from the drive then one cannot restore those missing files and documents back to its original location unless and until they make use of an efficient and robust USB recovery tool.
We may sometime come across circumstance where our flash drive works abnormally and throws out some format errors stating “USB drive is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?” The topmost reason behind such fatal error is corruption of your flash memory storage device. The key point of discussing this issue is after formatting the external USB drive, user later remembers he had also formatted some of his important official documents that were stored in it. It becomes even tougher to recover SD card images from user’s SmartPhones, iPods, tablets etc. Once a file is deleted or lost from SD card it is not dumped into Recycle Bin or Trash. At this point, you really need help of some ultimate recovery program that is capable to recover any sort of deleted or lost data and folders.
Scenarios of loss of data from USB drives-
Common reasons and symptoms of USB flash drive data loss are-
- If user accidentally clicks on the “Format” option in their digital camera, PSP, camcorders, SmartPhones while their USB Memory Stick is inside the digital devices, this may result into huge data loss from the Memory Stick. User needs to click the download button of this page and launch the software on their Windows or Mac Operating System to recover data from USB Memory Stick in within fraction of time.
- Abruptly removing USB drives such as pendrive, thumbdrives or flash drive from personal computer without using the “Safely remove external drive” icon may corrupt your entire storage device thereby resulting into huge data loss of some important documents.
- When we delete a data from our USB drive as they are not stored in Recycle Bin or Trash, they indirectly results into data loss from the USB drive.
- Sometimes user may use card reader to access the data and folders of their phones memory card and unintentionally click on the “Format” option instead of selecting the “Delete” option. One silly mistake can cost you lot! User must be very careful while performing any operation on their USB drives.
- Other probable reasons can be like-
- Virus attack
- Power Surge issues
- Improper handling of devices
- Usage of third party application
- Software Corruption
- Improper System Shut Down
- Damaged file system and so on.
Amazing feature of this recovery wizard-
This ultimate restoration tool comes in two different editions, one for the Windows OS and other for the Mac machines. Using this program restore USB data on Mac machine very easily by performing signature search process which helps to restore lost data into a new location without even modifying the original data.
This ultimate program package can also restore lost or missing data from severely corrupted USB drives and can retrieve back data that went missing due to power surges, improper system shutdown, virus attack etc.
User can preview recovered files and these retrieved data can be arranged on the basis of their file name, extension, size, creation date etc.
How to recover lost data from USB drives?
- In order to recover data and files that are deleted or lost from the USB drive such as pendrives, memory card accidentally or due to any other reason, user first needs to download this recovery software and launch it on their personal computer. From the mainscreen user can select the option "Recover Files" in order to restore the deleted or lost files.
- In the new screen, if user wants to retrieve lost files user needs to hit the button "Recover Lost Files" and proceed further.
- Once you click the next button, a new screen pops out, in this new screen you have to select a particular logical / physical drive of your system from which you want to recover the files. A thorough scanning process takes place after you select the drive and the file type from it.
- Once the recovery process is over you have the facility to preview all your recover files from yourexternal USB drives either in “Data Type View” or in “File Type View”.
- If you are satisfied with the recovery process you can click on the “Save Recovery Session” option.
As soon as there is data loss or deletion from the USB flash drive it is advised not to perform any read or write operation on it in order to prevent overwritting of files. Once a file or folder gets overwritten, it gets deleted permanently.
At the same time it is also recomended not to plu the USB external storage medium into too many unauthenticated electronic and digital devices.
Always user the same icon to unplug the mass storage device from computers.